Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Oar
- noun An implement for impelling a boat, being a slender piece of timber, usually ash or spruce, with a grip or handle at one end and a broad blade at the other. The part which rests in the rowlock is called the loom.
- noun An oarsman; a rower; as, he is a good oar.
- noun An oarlike swimming organ of various invertebrates.
- v. t. & v. i. To row.
Oar - pictures with words
Oar - слова по маске
Oar - words with similar meaning
- Bow oar The oar used by the bowman.One who rows at the bow of a boat.
- Oar-footed adjective Having feet adapted for swimming.
- Oared The past tense and past participle of Oaradjective Furnished with oars; -- chiefly used in composition; as, a four-oared...
- Oaring p. pr. & vb. n. of Oar
- Remiform adjective Shaped like an oar.
- Rower noun One who rows with an oar.