Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Oracle
- noun The answer of a god, or some person reputed to be a god, to an inquiry respecting some affair or future event, as the success of an enterprise or battle.
- noun Hence: The deity who was supposed to give the answer; also, the place where it was given.
- noun The communications, revelations, or messages delivered by God to the prophets; also, the entire sacred Scriptures -- usually in the plural.
- noun The sanctuary, or Most Holy place in the temple; also, the temple itself.
- noun One who communicates a divine command; an angel; a prophet.
- noun Any person reputed uncommonly wise; one whose decisions are regarded as of great authority; as, a literary oracle.
- noun A wise sentence or decision of great authority.
- intransitive verb To utter oracles.