Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Oration
- noun An elaborate discourse, delivered in public, treating an important subject in a formal and dignified manner; especially, a discourse having reference to some special occasion, as a funeral, an anniversary, a celebration, or the like; -- distinguished from an argument in court, a popular harangue, a sermon, a lecture, etc.; as, Webster's oration at Bunker Hill.
- intransitive verb To deliver an oration.
Oration - pictures with words
Oration - слова по маске
Oration - words with similar meaning
- Eloge noun A panegyrical funeral oration.
- Peroration noun The concluding part of an oration; especially, a final summing up and enforcement of an argument.
- Valedictory adjective Bidding farewell; suitable or designed for an occasion of leave-taking; as, a valedictory oration.noun A valedictory...
- Panegyric adjective An oration or eulogy in praise of some person or achievement; a formal or elaborate encomium; a laudatory discourse;...