Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Orator
- noun A public speaker; one who delivers an oration; especially, one distinguished for his skill and power as a public speaker; one who is eloquent.
- noun In equity proceedings, one who prays for relief; a petitioner.
- noun A plaintiff, or complainant, in a bill in chancery.
- noun An officer who is the voice of the university upon all public occasions, who writes, reads, and records all letters of a public nature, presents, with an appropriate address, those persons on whom honorary degrees are to be conferred, and performs other like duties; -- called also public orator.
Orator - pictures with words
Orator - слова по маске
Orator - words with similar meaning
- Rhetoricate intransitive verb To play the orator.
- Rhetorize intransitive verb To play the orator.transitive verb To represent by a figure of rhetoric, or by personification.
- Oratorize intransitive verb To play the orator.
- Boanerges Any declamatory and vociferous preacher or orator.
- Demosthenic adjective Pertaining to, or in the style of, Demosthenes, the Grecian orator.