Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Orb
- noun A blank window or panel.
- noun A spherical body; a globe; especially, one of the celestial spheres; a sun, planet, or star.
- noun One of the azure transparent spheres conceived by the ancients to be inclosed one within another, and to carry the heavenly bodies in their revolutions.
- noun A circle; esp., a circle, or nearly circular orbit, described by the revolution of a heavenly body; an orbit.
- noun A period of time marked off by the revolution of a heavenly body.
- noun The eye, as luminous and spherical.
- noun A revolving circular body; a wheel.
- noun A sphere of action.
- noun Same as Mound, a ball or globe. See lst Mound.
- noun A body of soldiers drawn up in a circle, as for defense, esp. infantry to repel cavalry.
- transitive verb To form into an orb or circle.
- transitive verb To encircle; to surround; to inclose.
- intransitive verb To become round like an orb.