Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Ordeal
- noun An ancient form of test to determine guilt or innocence, by appealing to a supernatural decision, -- once common in Europe, and still practiced in the East and by savage tribes.
- noun Any severe trial, or test; a painful experience.
- adjective Of or pertaining to trial by ordeal.
Ordeal - pictures with words
Ordeal - слова по маске
Ordeal - words with similar meaning
- Water ordeal Same as Ordeal by water. See the Note under Ordeal, n., 1.
- Ordal noun Ordeal.
- Tanghinia noun The ordeal tree. See under Ordeal.
- Ordalian adjective Of or pertaining to trial by ordeal.
- Sassy bark The bark of a West African leguminous tree (Erythrophlaeum Guineense, used by the natives as an ordeal poison, and also...
- Corsned noun The morsel of execration; a species of ordeal consisting in the eating of a piece of bread consecrated by imprecation. If...