Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Orient
- adjective Rising, as the sun.
- adjective Eastern; oriental.
- adjective Bright; lustrous; superior; pure; perfect; pellucid; -- used of gems and also figuratively, because the most perfect jewels are found in the East.
- noun The part of the horizon where the sun first appears in the morning; the east.
- noun The countries of Asia or the East.
- noun A pearl of great luster.
- transitive verb To define the position of, in relation to the orient or east; hence, to ascertain the bearings of.
- transitive verb Fig.: To correct or set right by recurring to first principles; to arrange in order; to orientate.
- See also:
Orient - pictures with words
Orient - слова по маске
Orient - words with similar meaning
- Orientness noun The quality or state of being orient or bright; splendor.