Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Ortho-
- A combining form signifying straight, right, upright, correct, regular; as, orthodromy, orthodiagonal, orthodox, orthographic.
- A combining form (also used adjectively
- The one of several acids of the same element (as the phosphoric acids
- Connection with, or affinity to, one variety of isomerism, characteristic of the benzene compounds; -- contrasted with meta- or para-; as, the ortho position; hence, designating any substance showing such isomerism; as, an ortho compound.
- See also:
Ortho- - pictures with words
Ortho- - words with similar meaning
- Orthoxylene noun That variety of xylene in which the two methyl groups are in the ortho position; a colorless, liquid, combustible...