Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Phenol
- noun A white or pinkish crystalline substance, C6H5OH, produced by the destructive distillation of many organic bodies, as wood, coal, etc., and obtained from the heavy oil from coal tar.
- noun Any one of the series of hydroxyl derivatives of which phenol proper is the type.
Phenol - слова по маске
Phenol - words with similar meaning
- Oxybenzene noun Hydroxy benzene. Same as Phenol.
- Salol noun A white crystalline substance consisting of phenol salicylate.
- Phenolate noun A compound of phenol analogous to a salt.
- Phenic adjective Of, pertaining to, derived from, or resembling, phenyl or phenol.
- Oxyquinoline noun Hydroxy quinoline; a phenol derivative of quinoline, -- called also carbostyril.
- Naphthol noun Any one of a series of hydroxyl derivatives of naphthalene, analogous to phenol. In general they are crystalline substances...
- Aurin noun A red coloring matter derived from phenol; -- called also, in commerce, yellow corallin.
- Phenetol noun The ethyl ether of phenol, obtained as an aromatic liquid, C6H5.O.C2H5.
- Oxyphenic adjective Pertaining to, or designating, the phenol formerly called oxyphenic acid, and now oxyphenol and pyrocatechin. See...