Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Riding
- p. pr. & vb. n. of Ride
- noun One of the three jurisdictions into which the county of York, in England, is divided; -- formerly under the government of a reeve. They are called the North, the East, and the West, Riding.
- adjective Employed to travel; traveling; as, a riding clerk.
- adjective Used for riding on; as, a riding horse.
- adjective Used for riding, or when riding; devoted to riding; as, a riding whip; a riding habit; a riding day.
- noun The act or state of one who rides.
- noun A festival procession.
- noun Same as Ride, n., 3.
- noun A district in charge of an excise officer.