Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Rider
- noun One who, or that which, rides.
- noun Formerly, an agent who went out with samples of goods to obtain orders; a commercial traveler.
- noun One who breaks or manages a horse.
- noun An addition or amendment to a manuscript or other document, which is attached on a separate piece of paper; in legislative practice, an additional clause annexed to a bill while in course of passage; something extra or burdensome that is imposed.
- noun A problem of more than usual difficulty added to another on an examination paper.
- noun A Dutch gold coin having the figure of a man on horseback stamped upon it.
- noun Rock material in a vein of ore, dividing it.
- noun An interior rib occasionally fixed in a ship's hold, reaching from the keelson to the beams of the lower deck, to strengthen her frame.
- noun The second tier of casks in a vessel's hold.
- noun A small forked weight which straddles the beam of a balance, along which it can be moved in the manner of the weight on a steelyard.
- noun A robber.