Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Rifle
- transitive verb To seize and bear away by force; to snatch away; to carry off.
- transitive verb To strip; to rob; to pillage.
- transitive verb To raffle.
- intransitive verb To raffle.
- intransitive verb To commit robbery.
- noun A gun, the inside of whose barrel is grooved with spiral channels, thus giving the ball a rotary motion and insuring greater accuracy of fire. As a military firearm it has superseded the musket.
- noun A body of soldiers armed with rifles.
- noun A strip of wood covered with emery or a similar material, used for sharpening scythes.
- transitive verb To grove; to channel; especially, to groove internally with spiral channels; as, to rifle a gun barrel or a cannon.
- transitive verb To whet with a rifle. See Rifle, n., 3.
- See also:
- Minie rifle
Rifle - pictures with words
Rifle - слова по маске
Rifle - words with similar meaning
- Minie rifle A rifle adapted to minie balls.