Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Riot
- noun Wanton or unrestrained behavior; uproar; tumult.
- noun Excessive and exxpensive feasting; wild and loose festivity; revelry.
- noun The tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by an unlawful assembly of three or more persons in the execution of some private object.
- intransitive verb To engage in riot; to act in an unrestrained or wanton manner; to indulge in excess of luxury, feasting, or the like; to revel; to run riot; to go to excess.
- intransitive verb To disturb the peace; to raise an uproar or sedition. See Riot, n., 3.
- transitive verb To spend or pass in riot.