Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Rip
- noun A wicker fish basket.
- transitive verb To divide or separate the parts of, by cutting or tearing; to tear or cut open or off; to tear off or out by violence; as, to rip a garment by cutting the stitches; to rip off the skin of a beast; to rip up a floor; -- commonly used with up, open, off.
- transitive verb To get by, or as by, cutting or tearing.
- transitive verb To tear up for search or disclosure, or for alteration; to search to the bottom; to discover; to disclose; -- usually with up.
- transitive verb To saw (wood
- noun A rent made by ripping, esp. by a seam giving way; a tear; a place torn; laceration.
- noun A term applied to a mean, worthless thing or person, as to a scamp, a debauchee, or a prostitute, or a worn-out horse.
- noun A body of water made rough by the meeting of opposing tides or currents.