Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Ripple
- verb An implement, with teeth like those of a comb, for removing the seeds and seed vessels from flax, broom corn, etc.
- transitive verb To remove the seeds from (the stalks of flax, etc.
- transitive verb Hence, to scratch or tear.
- intransitive verb To become fretted or dimpled on the surface, as water when agitated or running over a rough bottom; to be covered with small waves or undulations, as a field of grain.
- intransitive verb To make a sound as of water running gently over a rough bottom, or the breaking of ripples on the shore.
- transitive verb To fret or dimple, as the surface of running water; to cover with small waves or undulations; as, the breeze rippled the lake.
- noun The fretting or dimpling of the surface, as of running water; little curling waves.
- noun A little wave or undulation; a sound such as is made by little waves; as, a ripple of laughter.
- noun a small wave on the surface of water or other liquids for which the driving force is not gravity, but surface tension.
- noun the residual AC component in the DC current output from a rectifier, expressed as a percentage of the steady component of the current.
- See also:
Ripple - pictures with words
Ripple - слова по маске
Ripple - words with similar meaning
- Ripple-marked adjective Having ripple marks.