Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Rising
- p. pr. & vb. n. of Rise
- adjective Attaining a higher place; taking, or moving in, an upward direction; appearing above the horizon; ascending; as, the rising moon.
- adjective Increasing in wealth, power, or distinction; as, a rising state; a rising character.
- adjective Growing; advancing to adult years and to the state of active life; as, the rising generation.
- preposition More than; exceeding; upwards of; as, a horse rising six years of age.
- noun The act of one who, or that which, rises (in any sense
- noun That which rises; a tumor; a boil.