Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Rival
- noun A person having a common right or privilege with another; a partner.
- noun One who is in pursuit of the same object as another; one striving to reach or obtain something which another is attempting to obtain, and which one only can posses; a competitor; as, rivals in love; rivals for a crown.
- adjective Having the same pretensions or claims; standing in competition for superiority; as, rival lovers; rival claims or pretensions.
- transitive verb To stand in competition with; to strive to gain some object in opposition to; as, to rival one in love.
- transitive verb To strive to equal or exel; to emulate.
- intransitive verb To be in rivalry.