Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of River
- noun One who rives or splits.
- noun A large stream of water flowing in a bed or channel and emptying into the ocean, a sea, a lake, or another stream; a stream larger than a rivulet or brook.
- noun Fig.: A large stream; copious flow; abundance; as, rivers of blood; rivers of oil.
- intransitive verb To hawk by the side of a river; to fly hawks at river fowl.
River - pictures with words
River - слова по маске
River - words with similar meaning
- Outrive transitive verb To river; to sever.
- Overslaugh noun A bar in a river; as, the overslaugh in the Hudson River.transitive verb To hinder or stop, as by an overslaugh or an...
- Cheven noun A river fish; the chub.
- Carse noun Low, fertile land; a river valley.
- Amnicolist noun One who lives near a river.
- Alveus noun The channel of a river.