Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Sago
noun A dry granulated starch imported from the East Indies, much used for making puddings and as an article of diet for the sick; also, as starch, for stiffening textile fabrics. It is prepared from the stems of several East Indian and Malayan palm trees, but chiefly from the Metroxylon Sagu; also from several cycadaceous plants (Cycas revoluta, Zamia integrifolia, etc.
Sago - pictures with words
Sago - слова по маске
Sago - words with similar meaning
- Cycad noun Any plant of the natural order Cycadaceae, as the sago palm, etc.
- Sagus noun A genus of palms from which sago is obtained.
- Coontie noun A cycadaceous plant of Florida and the West Indies, the Zamia integrifolia, from the stems of which a kind of sago is...
- Cycadaceous adjective Pertaining to, or resembling, an order of plants like the palms, but having exogenous wood. The sago palm is an example.
- Cycas noun A genus of trees, intermediate in character between the palms and the pines. The pith of the trunk of some species furnishes...