Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Small
- superlative degree Having little size, compared with other things of the same kind; little in quantity or degree; diminutive; not large or extended in dimension; not great; not much; inconsiderable; as, a small man; a small river.
- superlative degree Being of slight consequence; feeble in influence or importance; unimportant; trivial; insignificant; as, a small fault; a small business.
- superlative degree Envincing little worth or ability; not large-minded; -- sometimes, in reproach, paltry; mean.
- superlative degree Not prolonged in duration; not extended in time; short; as, after a small space.
- superlative degree Weak; slender; fine; gentle; soft; not loud.
- adverb In or to small extent, quantity, or degree; little; slightly.
- adverb Not loudly; faintly; timidly.
- noun The small or slender part of a thing; as, the small of the leg or of the back.
- noun Smallclothes.
- noun Same as Little go. See under Little, a.
- transitive verb To make little or less.