Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Smile
- intransitive verb To express amusement, pleasure, moderate joy, or love and kindness, by the features of the face; to laugh silently.
- intransitive verb To express slight contempt by a look implying sarcasm or pity; to sneer.
- intransitive verb To look gay and joyous; to have an appearance suited to excite joy; as, smiling spring; smiling plenty.
- intransitive verb To be propitious or favorable; to favor; to countenance; -- often with on; as, to smile on one's labors.
- transitive verb To express by a smile; as, to smile consent; to smile a welcome to visitors.
- transitive verb To affect in a certain way with a smile.
- intransitive verb The act of smiling; a peculiar change or brightening of the face, which expresses pleasure, moderate joy, mirth, approbation, or kindness; -- opposed to frown.
- intransitive verb A somewhat similar expression of countenance, indicative of satisfaction combined with malevolent feelings, as contempt, scorn, etc; as, a scornful smile.
- intransitive verb Favor; countenance; propitiousness; as, the smiles of Providence.
- intransitive verb Gay or joyous appearance; as, the smiles of spring.
- See also:
Smile - pictures with words
Smile - слова по маске
Smile - words with similar meaning
- Smiled The past tense and past participle of Smile