Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Smite
- transitive verb To strike; to inflict a blow upon with the hand, or with any instrument held in the hand, or with a missile thrown by the hand; as, to smite with the fist, with a rod, sword, spear, or stone.
- transitive verb To cause to strike; to use as an instrument in striking or hurling.
- transitive verb To destroy the life of by beating, or by weapons of any kind; to slay by a blow; to kill; as, to smite one with the sword, or with an arrow or other instrument.
- transitive verb To put to rout in battle; to overthrow by war.
- transitive verb To blast; to destroy the life or vigor of, as by a stroke or by some visitation.
- transitive verb To afflict; to chasten; to punish.
- transitive verb To strike or affect with passion, as love or fear.
- intransitive verb To strike; to collide; to beat.
- noun The act of smiting; a blow.
- See also:
Smite - pictures with words
Smite - слова по маске
Smite - words with similar meaning
- Smitten past participle of Smitep. p. of Smite.