Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Smooth
- superlative degree Having an even surface, or a surface so even that no roughness or points can be perceived by the touch; not rough; as, smooth glass; smooth porcelain.
- superlative degree Evenly spread or arranged; sleek; as, smooth hair.
- superlative degree Gently flowing; moving equably; not ruffled or obstructed; as, a smooth stream.
- superlative degree Flowing or uttered without check, obstruction, or hesitation; not harsh; voluble; even; fluent.
- superlative degree Bland; mild; smoothing; fattering.
- superlative degree Causing no resistance to a body sliding along its surface; frictionless.
- adverb Smoothly.
- noun The act of making smooth; a stroke which smooths.
- noun That which is smooth; the smooth part of anything.
- adjective To make smooth; to make even on the surface by any means; as, to smooth a board with a plane; to smooth cloth with an iron.
- adjective To free from obstruction; to make easy.
- adjective To free from harshness; to make flowing.
- adjective To palliate; to gloze; as, to smooth over a fault.
- adjective To give a smooth or calm appearance to.
- adjective To ease; to regulate.
- intransitive verb To flatter; to use blandishment.