Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Smother
- transitive verb To destroy the life of by suffocation; to deprive of the air necessary for life; to cover up closely so as to prevent breathing; to suffocate; as, to smother a child.
- transitive verb To affect as by suffocation; to stife; to deprive of air by a thick covering, as of ashes, of smoke, or the like; as, to smother a fire.
- transitive verb Hence, to repress the action of; to cover from public view; to suppress; to conceal; as, to smother one's displeasure.
- intransitive verb To be suffocated or stifled.
- intransitive verb To burn slowly, without sufficient air; to smolder.
- transitive verb Stifling smoke; thick dust.
- transitive verb A state of suppression.
Smother - pictures with words
Smother - слова по маске