Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Smudge
- noun A suffocating smoke.
- noun A heap of damp combustibles partially ignited and burning slowly, placed on the windward side of a house, tent, or the like, in order, by the thick smoke, to keep off mosquitoes or other insects.
- noun That which is smeared upon anything; a stain; a blot; a smutch; a smear.
- transitive verb To stifle or smother with smoke; to smoke by means of a smudge.
- transitive verb To smear; to smutch; to soil; to blacken with smoke.