Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Swab
- noun To clean with a mop or swab; to wipe when very wet, as after washing; as, to swab the desk of a ship.
- noun A kind of mop for cleaning floors, the desks of vessels, etc., esp. one made of rope-yarns or threads.
- noun A bit of sponge, cloth, or the like, fastened to a handle, for cleansing the mouth of a sick person, applying medicaments to deep-seated parts, etc.
- noun An epaulet.
- noun A cod, or pod, as of beans or pease.
- noun A sponge, or other suitable substance, attached to a long rod or handle, for cleaning the bore of a firearm.
Swab - pictures with words
Swab - слова по маске
Swab - words with similar meaning
- Swabbed The past tense and past participle of Swab
- Swabbing p. pr. & vb. n. of Swab
- Swabber transitive verb To swab.noun One who swabs a floor or desk.noun Formerly, an interior officer on board of British ships of war,...
- Swob n. & v. See Swab.
- Squilgee noun Formerly, a small swab for drying a vessel's deck; now, a kind of scraper having a blade or edge of rubber or of leather, --...