Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Swamp
- noun Wet, spongy land; soft, low ground saturated with water, but not usually covered with it; marshy ground away from the seashore.
- transitive verb To plunge or sink into a swamp.
- transitive verb To cause (a boat
- transitive verb Fig.: To plunge into difficulties and perils; to overwhelm; to ruin; to wreck.
- intransitive verb To sink or stick in a swamp; figuratively, to become involved in insuperable difficulties.
- intransitive verb To become filled with water, as a boat; to founder; to capsize or sink; figuratively, to be ruined; to be wrecked.