Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Swan
- noun Any one of numerous species of large aquatic birds belonging to Cygnus, Olor, and allied genera of the subfamily Cygninae. They have a large and strong beak and a long neck, and are noted for their graceful movements when swimming. Most of the northern species are white. In literature the swan was fabled to sing a melodious song, especially at the time of its death.
- noun Fig.: An appellation for a sweet singer, or a poet noted for grace and melody; as Shakespeare is called the swan of Avon.
- noun The constellation Cygnus.
Swan - pictures with words
Swan - слова по маске
Swan - words with similar meaning
- Swan-hopping noun A corruption of Swan-upping.
- Swan-upping noun A yearly expedition on the Thames to take up young swans and mark them, as by Companies of Dyers and Vintners; -- called...
- Swan's-down noun Alt. of Swans-down
- Cygnet noun A young swan.
- Cobswan noun A large swan.
- Swanlike adjective Resembling a swan.