Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Swarm
- intransitive verb To climb a tree, pole, or the like, by embracing it with the arms and legs alternately. See Shin.
- noun A large number or mass of small animals or insects, especially when in motion.
- noun Especially, a great number of honeybees which emigrate from a hive at once, and seek new lodgings under the direction of a queen; a like body of bees settled permanently in a hive.
- noun Hence, any great number or multitude, as of people in motion, or sometimes of inanimate objects; as, a swarm of meteorites.
- intransitive verb To collect, and depart from a hive by flight in a body; -- said of bees; as, bees swarm in warm, clear days in summer.
- intransitive verb To appear or collect in a crowd; to throng together; to congregate in a multitude.
- intransitive verb To be crowded; to be thronged with a multitude of beings in motion.
- intransitive verb To abound; to be filled (with
- intransitive verb To breed multitudes.
- transitive verb To crowd or throng.
- See also:
Swarm - pictures with words
Swarm - слова по маске
Swarm - words with similar meaning
- Swarmed The past tense and past participle of Swarm