Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Sweat
- The past tense and past participle of Sweat
- intransitive verb To excrete sensible moisture from the pores of the skin; to perspire.
- intransitive verb Fig.: To perspire in toil; to work hard; to drudge.
- intransitive verb To emit moisture, as green plants in a heap.
- transitive verb To cause to excrete moisture from the skin; to cause to perspire; as, his physicians attempted to sweat him by most powerful sudorifics.
- transitive verb To emit or suffer to flow from the pores; to exude.
- transitive verb To unite by heating, after the application of soldier.
- transitive verb To get something advantageous, as money, property, or labor from (any one
- intransitive verb The fluid which is excreted from the skin of an animal; the fluid secreted by the sudoriferous glands; a transparent, colorless, acid liquid with a peculiar odor, containing some fatty acids and mineral matter; perspiration. See Perspiration.
- intransitive verb The act of sweating; or the state of one who sweats; hence, labor; toil; drudgery.
- intransitive verb Moisture issuing from any substance; as, the sweat of hay or grain in a mow or stack.
- intransitive verb The sweating sickness.
- intransitive verb A short run by a race horse in exercise.
- See also:
- Bloody sweat
Sweat - pictures with words
Sweat - слова по маске
Sweat - words with similar meaning
- Bloody sweat A sweat accompanied by a discharge of blood; a disease, called sweating sickness, formerly prevalent in England and other...