Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Sweet
- superlative degree Having an agreeable taste or flavor such as that of sugar; saccharine; -- opposed to sour and bitter; as, a sweet beverage; sweet fruits; sweet oranges.
- superlative degree Pleasing to the smell; fragrant; redolent; balmy; as, a sweet rose; sweet odor; sweet incense.
- superlative degree Pleasing to the ear; soft; melodious; harmonious; as, the sweet notes of a flute or an organ; sweet music; a sweet voice; a sweet singer.
- superlative degree Pleasing to the eye; beautiful; mild and attractive; fair; as, a sweet face; a sweet color or complexion.
- superlative degree Fresh; not salt or brackish; as, sweet water.
- superlative degree Not changed from a sound or wholesome state. Specifically: (a
- superlative degree Plaesing to the mind; mild; gentle; calm; amiable; winning; presuasive; as, sweet manners.
- noun That which is sweet to the taste; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- noun Confectionery, sweetmeats, preserves, etc.
- noun Home-made wines, cordials, metheglin, etc.
- noun That which is sweet or pleasant in odor; a perfume.
- noun That which is pleasing or grateful to the mind; as, the sweets of domestic life.
- noun One who is dear to another; a darling; -- a term of endearment.
- adverb Sweetly.
- transitive verb To sweeten.