Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Sweeten
- adjective To make sweet to the taste; as, to sweeten tea.
- adjective To make pleasing or grateful to the mind or feelings; as, to sweeten life; to sweeten friendship.
- adjective To make mild or kind; to soften; as, to sweeten the temper.
- adjective To make less painful or laborious; to relieve; as, to sweeten the cares of life.
- adjective To soften to the eye; to make delicate.
- adjective To make pure and salubrious by destroying noxious matter; as, to sweeten rooms or apartments that have been infected; to sweeten the air.
- adjective To make warm and fertile; -- opposed to sour; as, to dry and sweeten soils.
- adjective To restore to purity; to free from taint; as, to sweeten water, butter, or meat.
- intransitive verb To become sweet.
- See also:
Sweeten - pictures with words
Sweeten - слова по маске
Sweeten - words with similar meaning
- Sweetened The past tense and past participle of Sweeten