Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Swift
- intransitive verb Moving a great distance in a short time; moving with celerity or velocity; fleet; rapid; quick; speedy; prompt.
- intransitive verb Of short continuance; passing away quickly.
- adverb Swiftly.
- noun The current of a stream.
- noun Any one of numerous species of small, long-winged, insectivorous birds of the family Micropodidae. In form and habits the swifts resemble swallows, but they are destitute of complex vocal muscles and are not singing birds, but belong to a widely different group allied to the humming birds.
- noun Any one of several species of lizards, as the pine lizard.
- noun The ghost moth. See under Ghost.
- noun A reel, or turning instrument, for winding yarn, thread, etc.; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- noun The main card cylinder of a flax-carding machine.
- See also:
Swift - pictures with words
Swift - слова по маске
Swift - words with similar meaning
- Develin noun The European swift.