Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Umber
- noun A brown or reddish pigment used in both oil and water colors, obtained from certain natural clays variously colored by the oxides of iron and manganese. It is commonly heated or burned before being used, and is then called burnt umber; when not heated, it is called raw umber. See Burnt umber, below.
- noun An umbrere.
- noun See Grayling, 1.
- noun An African wading bird (Scopus umbretta
- adjective Of or pertaining to umber; resembling umber; olive-brown; dark brown; dark; dusky.
- transitive verb To color with umber; to shade or darken; as, to umber over one's face.
Umber - pictures with words
Umber - слова по маске
Umber - words with similar meaning
- Umbre noun See Umber.
- Umbrette noun See Umber, 4.
- Umbery adjective Of or pertaining to umber; like umber; as, umbery gold.
- Hammerkop noun A bird of the Heron family; the umber.
- Umbriere noun In ancient armor, a visor, or projection like the peak of a cap, to which a face guard was sometimes attached. This was...