Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Bray
- transitive verb To pound, beat, rub, or grind small or fine.
- intransitive verb To utter a loud, harsh cry, as an ass.
- intransitive verb To make a harsh, grating, or discordant noise.
- transitive verb To make or utter with a loud, discordant, or harsh and grating sound.
- noun The harsh cry of an ass; also, any harsh, grating, or discordant sound.
- noun A bank; the slope of a hill; a hill. See Brae, which is now the usual spelling.