Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Cycle
- noun An imaginary circle or orbit in the heavens; one of the celestial spheres.
- noun An interval of time in which a certain succession of events or phenomena is completed, and then returns again and again, uniformly and continually in the same order; a periodical space of time marked by the recurrence of something peculiar; as, the cycle of the seasons, or of the year.
- noun An age; a long period of time.
- noun An orderly list for a given time; a calendar.
- noun The circle of subjects connected with the exploits of the hero or heroes of some particular period which have served as a popular theme for poetry, as the legend of Arthur and the knights of the Round Table, and that of Charlemagne and his paladins.
- noun One entire round in a circle or a spire; as, a cycle or set of leaves.
- noun A bicycle or tricycle, or other light velocipede.
- intransitive verb To pass through a cycle of changes; to recur in cycles.
- intransitive verb To ride a bicycle, tricycle, or other form of cycle.