Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Cynical
- adjective Having the qualities of a surly dog; snarling; captious; currish.
- adjective Pertaining to the Dog Star; as, the cynic, or Sothic, year; cynic cycle.
- adjective Belonging to the sect of philosophers called cynics; having the qualities of a cynic; pertaining to, or resembling, the doctrines of the cynics.
- adjective Given to sneering at rectitude and the conduct of life by moral principles; disbelieving in the reality of any human purposes which are not suggested or directed by self-interest or self-indulgence; as, a cynical man who scoffs at pretensions of integrity; characterized by such opinions; as, cynical views of human nature.
Cynical - pictures with words
Cynical - слова по маске
Cynical - words with similar meaning
- Cynic adjective Alt. of Cynicalnoun One of a sect or school of philosophers founded by Antisthenes, and of whom Diogenes was a...
- Cynically adverb In a cynical manner.
- Cynicalness noun The quality of being cynical.
- Crabbed noun Characterized by or manifesting, sourness, peevishness, or moroseness; harsh; cross; cynical; -- applied to feelings,...
- Cynicism noun The doctrine of the Cynics; the quality of being cynical; the mental state, opinions, or conduct, of a cynic; morose and...