Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Cyst
- noun A pouch or sac without opening, usually membranous and containing morbid matter, which is accidentally developed in one of the natural cavities or in the substance of an organ.
- noun In old authors, the urinary bladder, or the gall bladder.
- noun One of the bladders or air vessels of certain algae, as of the great kelp of the Pacific, and common rockweeds (Fuci
- noun A small capsule or sac of the kind in which many immature entozoans exist in the tissues of living animals; also, a similar form in Rotifera, etc.
- noun A form assumed by Protozoa in which they become saclike and quiescent. It generally precedes the production of germs. See Encystment.