Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Equivalent
- adjective Equal in wortir or value, force, power, effect, import, and the like; alike in significance and value; of the same import or meaning.
- adjective Equal in measure but not admitting of superposition; -- applied to magnitudes; as, a square may be equivalent to a triangle.
- adjective Contemporaneous in origin; as, the equivalent strata of different countries.
- noun Something equivalent; that which is equal in value, worth, weight, or force; as, to offer an equivalent for damage done.
- noun That comparative quantity by weight of an element which possesses the same chemical value as other elements, as determined by actual experiment and reference to the same standard. Specifically: (a
- noun A combining unit, whether an atom, a radical, or a molecule; as, in acid salt two or more equivalents of acid unite with one or more equivalents of base.
- transitive verb To make the equivalent to; to equal; equivalence.
- See also:
Equivalent - pictures with words
Equivalent - слова по маске
Equivalent - words with similar meaning
- Equipollent adjective Having equal power or force; equivalent.adjective Having equivalent signification and reach; expressing the same thing,...