Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Equivocal
- adjective (Literally, called equally one thing or the other; hence:
- adjective Capable of being ascribed to different motives, or of signifying opposite feelings, purposes, or characters; deserving to be suspected; as, his actions are equivocal.
- adjective Uncertain, as an indication or sign; doubtful.
- noun A word or expression capable of different meanings; an ambiguous term; an equivoque.
Equivocal - pictures with words
Equivocal - слова по маске
Equivocal - words with similar meaning
- Equivocally adverb In an equivocal manner.
- Equivocalness noun The state of being equivocal.
- Amphibolic adjective Of or pertaining to amphiboly; ambiguous; equivocal.adjective Of or resembling the mineral amphibole.
- Multivocal adjective Signifying many different things; of manifold meaning; equivocal.noun A multivocal word.