Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Fund
- noun An aggregation or deposit of resources from which supplies are or may be drawn for carrying on any work, or for maintaining existence.
- noun A stock or capital; a sum of money appropriated as the foundation of some commercial or other operation undertaken with a view to profit; that reserve by means of which expenses and credit are supported; as, the fund of a bank, commercial house, manufacturing corporation, etc.
- noun The stock of a national debt; public securities; evidences (stocks or bonds
- noun An invested sum, whose income is devoted to a specific object; as, the fund of an ecclesiastical society; a fund for the maintenance of lectures or poor students; also, money systematically collected to meet the expenses of some permanent object.
- noun A store laid up, from which one may draw at pleasure; a supply; a full provision of resources; as, a fund of wisdom or good sense.
- transitive verb To provide and appropriate a fund or permanent revenue for the payment of the interest of; to make permanent provision of resources (as by a pledge of revenue from customs
- transitive verb To place in a fund, as money.
- transitive verb To put into the form of bonds or stocks bearing regular interest; as, to fund the floating debt.