Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Furnace
- noun An inclosed place in which heat is produced by the combustion of fuel, as for reducing ores or melting metals, for warming a house, for baking pottery, etc.; as, an iron furnace; a hot-air furnace; a glass furnace; a boiler furnace, etc.
- noun A place or time of punishment, affiction, or great trial; severe experience or discipline.
- noun To throw out, or exhale, as from a furnace; also, to put into a furnace.
Furnace - pictures with words
Furnace - слова по маске
Furnace - words with similar meaning
- Pernot furnace A reverberatory furnace with a circular revolving hearth, -- used in making steel.
- Almond furnace A kind of furnace used in refining, to separate the metal from cinders and other foreign matter.
- Ash-furnace noun Alt. of Ash-oven
- Crematory noun A furnace for cremating corpses; a building containing such a furnace.adjective Pertaining to, or employed in, cremation.