Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gearing
- p. pr. & vb. n. of Gear
- noun Harness.
- noun The parts by which motion imparted to one portion of an engine or machine is transmitted to another, considered collectively; as, the valve gearing of locomotive engine; belt gearing; esp., a train of wheels for transmitting and varying motion in machinery.
Gearing - слова по маске
Gearing - words with similar meaning
- Hooke's gearing Spur gearing having teeth slanting across the face of the wheel, sometimes slanting in opposite directions from the middle.
- Geering See Gear, Gearing.
- Millwork noun The shafting, gearing, and other driving machinery of mills.noun The business of setting up or of operating mill machinery.
- Cogwheel noun A wheel with cogs or teeth; a gear wheel. See Illust. of Gearing.