Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gemmule
- noun A little leaf bud, as the plumule between the cotyledons.
- noun One of the buds of mosses.
- noun One of the reproductive spores of algae.
- noun An ovule.
- noun A bud produced in generation by gemmation.
- noun One of the imaginary granules or atoms which, according to Darwin's hypothesis of pangenesis, are continually being thrown off from every cell or unit, and circulate freely throughout the system, and when supplied with proper nutriment multiply by self-division and ultimately develop into cells like those from which they were derived. They are supposed to be transmitted from the parent to the offspring, but are often transmitted in a dormant state during many generations and are then developed. See Pangenesis.
Gemmule - слова по маске