Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gentle
- superlative degree Well-born; of a good family or respectable birth, though not noble.
- superlative degree Quiet and refined in manners; not rough, harsh, or stern; mild; meek; bland; amiable; tender; as, a gentle nature, temper, or disposition; a gentle manner; a gentle address; a gentle voice.
- superlative degree A compellative of respect, consideration, or conciliation; as, gentle reader.
- superlative degree Not wild, turbulent, or refractory; quiet and docile; tame; peaceable; as, a gentle horse.
- superlative degree Soft; not violent or rough; not strong, loud, or disturbing; easy; soothing; pacific; as, a gentle touch; a gentle gallop .
- noun One well born; a gentleman.
- noun A trained falcon. See Falcon-gentil.
- noun A dipterous larva used as fish bait.
- transitive verb To make genteel; to raise from the vulgar; to ennoble.
- transitive verb To make smooth, cozy, or agreeable.
- transitive verb To make kind and docile, as a horse.
- See also:
Gentle - pictures with words
Gentle - слова по маске
Gentle - words with similar meaning
- Gentle-hearted adjective Having a kind or gentle disposition.