Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Go
- past participle Gone.
- intransitive verb To pass from one place to another; to be in motion; to be in a state not motionless or at rest; to proceed; to advance; to make progress; -- used, in various applications, of the movement of both animate and inanimate beings, by whatever means, and also of the movements of the mind; also figuratively applied.
- intransitive verb To move upon the feet, or step by step; to walk; also, to walk step by step, or leisurely.
- intransitive verb To be passed on fron one to another; to pass; to circulate; hence, with for, to have currency; to be taken, accepted, or regarded.
- intransitive verb To proceed or happen in a given manner; to fare; to move on or be carried on; to have course; to come to an issue or result; to succeed; to turn out.
- intransitive verb To proceed or tend toward a result, consequence, or product; to tend; to conduce; to be an ingredient; to avail; to apply; to contribute; -- often with the infinitive; as, this goes to show.
- intransitive verb To apply one's self; to set one's self; to undertake.
- intransitive verb To proceed by a mental operation; to pass in mind or by an act of the memory or imagination; -- generally with over or through.
- intransitive verb To be with young; to be pregnant; to gestate.
- intransitive verb To move from the person speaking, or from the point whence the action is contemplated; to pass away; to leave; to depart; -- in opposition to stay and come.
- intransitive verb To pass away; to depart forever; to be lost or ruined; to perish; to decline; to decease; to die.
- intransitive verb To reach; to extend; to lead; as, a line goes across the street; his land goes to the river; this road goes to New York.
- intransitive verb To have recourse; to resort; as, to go to law.
- transitive verb To take, as a share in an enterprise; to undertake or become responsible for; to bear a part in.
- transitive verb To bet or wager; as, I'll go you a shilling.
- noun Act; working; operation.
- noun A circumstance or occurrence; an incident.
- noun The fashion or mode; as, quite the go.
- noun Noisy merriment; as, a high go.
- noun A glass of spirits.
- noun Power of going or doing; energy; vitality; perseverance; push; as, there is no go in him.
- noun That condition in the course of the game when a player can not lay down a card which will not carry the aggregate count above thirty-one.
- See also:
Go - pictures with words
Go - слова по маске
Go - words with similar meaning
- Go-by noun A passing without notice; intentional neglect; thrusting away; a shifting off; adieu; as, to give a proposal the go-by.