Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gold
- noun Alt. of Goolde
- transitive verb A metallic element, constituting the most precious metal used as a common commercial medium of exchange. It has a characteristic yellow color, is one of the heaviest substances known (specific gravity 19.32
- transitive verb Money; riches; wealth.
- transitive verb A yellow color, like that of the metal; as, a flower tipped with gold.
- transitive verb Figuratively, something precious or pure; as, hearts of gold.
Gold - pictures with words
Gold - слова по маске
Gold - words with similar meaning
- Gold-bound adjective Encompassed with gold.
- Gold-beating noun The art or process of reducing gold to extremely thin leaves, by beating with a hammer.
- Mannheim gold A kind of brass made in imitation of gold. It contains eighty per cent of copper and twenty of zinc.
- Gold-beaten adjective Gilded.
- Gold-hammer noun The yellow-hammer.
- Aurum noun Gold.