Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gorge
- noun The throat; the gullet; the canal by which food passes to the stomach.
- noun A narrow passage or entrance
- noun A defile between mountains.
- noun The entrance into a bastion or other outwork of a fort; -- usually synonymous with rear. See Illust. of Bastion.
- noun That which is gorged or swallowed, especially by a hawk or other fowl.
- noun A filling or choking of a passage or channel by an obstruction; as, an ice gorge in a river.
- noun A concave molding; a cavetto.
- noun The groove of a pulley.
- noun To swallow; especially, to swallow with greediness, or in large mouthfuls or quantities.
- noun To glut; to fill up to the throat; to satiate.
- intransitive verb To eat greedily and to satiety.