Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gorget
- noun A piece of armor, whether of chain mail or of plate, defending the throat and upper part of the breast, and forming a part of the double breastplate of the 14th century.
- noun A piece of plate armor covering the same parts and worn over the buff coat in the 17th century, and without other steel armor.
- noun A small ornamental plate, usually crescent-shaped, and of gilded copper, formerly hung around the neck of officers in full uniform in some modern armies.
- noun A ruff worn by women.
- noun A cutting instrument used in lithotomy.
- noun A grooved instrunent used in performing various operations; -- called also blunt gorget.
- noun A crescent-shaped, colored patch on the neck of a bird or mammal.