Search the words to solve crossword puzzles
Definition of Gorgon
- noun One of three fabled sisters, Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa, with snaky hair and of terrific aspect, the sight of whom turned the beholder to stone. The name is particularly given to Medusa.
- noun Anything very ugly or horrid.
- noun The brindled gnu. See Gnu.
- adjective Like a Gorgon; very ugly or terrific; as, a Gorgon face.
Gorgon - pictures with words
Gorgon - слова по маске
Gorgon - words with similar meaning
- Gorgoneion noun A mask carved in imitation of a Gorgon's head.
- Gorgonian adjective Pertaining to, or resembling, a Gorgon; terrifying into stone; terrific.adjective Pertaining to the Gorgoniacea; as,...
- Gorgonize transitive verb To have the effect of a Gorgon upon; to turn into stone; to petrify.
- Perseus noun A Grecian legendary hero, son of Jupiter and Danae, who slew the Gorgon Medusa.noun A consellation of the northern...
- Medusa noun The Gorgon; or one of the Gorgons whose hair was changed into serpents, after which all who looked upon her were turned into...
- Demogorgon noun A mysterious, terrible, and evil divinity, regarded by some as the author of creation, by others as a great magician who was...